Sunday, March 2, 2008

Hum :D

So I assume you all are just dying to hear about Friday... ;)
It went pretty well! I was nervous beforehand but once I got there the nerves pretty much disappeared, which was nice. I have my theater class first and there were kind of more little kids then I expected, so it didn't go exactly as I had imagined. They didn't do great, (at all), with concentrating, so I'm gonna change my tactics a little. I actually had a lesson planned, which I did, but they seemed kind of bored so I think I'm really just going to work on the play we're doing and games... they can learn the basics from those, without an actual 'lesson.' 
Chorus was great because I had chosen a song from High School Musical to do, and I had a bunch of girls between like 9 and 13, so of course they LOVED that. They all seemed to have a lot of fun! And they actually want solo's, which is good, I just hope I can get them to stay on pitch. 
Flute was fine too. I just have three students, and they all got sounds out pretty much right away, which was great. There were some problems with concentrating though, because they were distracting each other, so I may need to split them up, but we'll see. I'm excited to see Tom's progress, as he's the son of the woman who got me into this and also seems very excited to be learning. They gave me a ride home and Mrs. Crothers said "So Tom, you didn't tell me how flute was! How was it?!" And he went "AWESOME." 
So yeah. Nothing special, but at the same time, exciting! :D

Other then that not much is happening in Anna world. I'm attempting to put up a music playlist on here, so we'll see how that goes... Knowing me, I'll probably freeze the computer. W00t. :P 

Laterloves,
Anna 

No comments: