Wednesday, March 5, 2008

OH, how I love back stories!

And no, that is not sarcasm. I really, really do. :D

'I dreamt.
In my dream, Zara and the fariie were sitting together, in front of a fire that wasn’t even needed, Tirian was glowing so brightly. They were across from each other, but there seemed to be a strange link connecting them, not like how we’d been mind linked before, but something completely different. I realized, watching them from where I was curled a little ways away, that they were actually attracted to each other. That was part of the cause of the strange tension that had been so obvious in our little conversation. They were quiet, looking at each other, almost seeming to talk only through their eyes.
“It’s good to see you, Tirian.” Zara finally said.
The shadows cast by the flickering fire disguised whatever emotion was written so clearly on her face, and I struggled to understand what had been between them.
“It has been... long.” Tirian sounded more human, vulnerable, then I had ever heard him.
“I wasn’t sure if you were still alive,” she said, a slight tremor running through her voice.
“I knew you were.” He smiled, and she tilted her head in the light so I could finally see that expression on her face. Sadness. Pain.
“If you think I’m going to apologize for what I did,” she started angrily, trying to cover what she was feeling, “you couldn’t be more wrong.”
He laughed, a strange dry sound, and nodded. “I see you haven’t changed.”
“Nor have you.” She smirked. Her head bowed and she seemed to be struggling with herself. “We could have... you might have kept in touch, you know.”
He leaned forward, frowning, and spoke carefully. “What was between us is past now. You understood the arrangement. I had not meant to become further involved, for Liasure warned me humans might be open to... Well, what you might call confusing emotions, so I meant to spare you from that, but now that she knows I am her father there seems to be no other way.”
She started, sitting bolt up right, and hissed. “You told her?”
“Only about me,” he said quickly. “But you know you should tell her.”
“I will,” she said quietly. “Soon.”
The fire crackled in the silence, and I rolled over unconsciously, fuzzy wondering of what they could be talking about passing through my mind. Emmy's face appeared before me, and I slipped into another dream that I only remember vaguely, having to do with being a raven.
The next morning I woke up, feeling oddly confused, with my face pressed to the ground next to the burned out remains of a fireplace. But I’m sure whatever that was, it was a dream. Something my unconscious mind came up with because of the strange tension between Zara and my father. I’m sure that’s it. They wouldn’t keep something more from me.
I’m sure. '

Bwahaha. Confusing you guys again! :D

SCRIPT FRENZY STARTS APRIL 1st!
I'm excited!!!!

Laterloves,
Anna

1 comment:

LiterallyLauren said...

<333333333333333333
I HATE YOU.