Saturday, March 22, 2008

I am sixteen going on seventeen....

For real. :D
All right, so generally on my birthdays I write some goals, and kind of reminisce about the past year... Today I was reading some of our old convo's on facebook, and from that and all the tons of happy birthday's people have wished me, I've realized something very special. I have the best friends in the word. :) 
This year was really... different. I think I've changed more then I ever have in other years. I've been the most miserable I've ever been, and, I think, the happiest. I've learned a ton about friendship, and still am. I learned about pretty much everything... The world, God, people, the way my brain works, the way other peoples brains work... And I think I've become a bit more myself. A bit. I'm still trying to figure out what kind of person God wants me to be. 
There have been really bad moments this year, but there have also been really, really good ones. I would not give up my friends for the world, or my sisters. San Diego was amazing. The summer was amazing. Writing has been amazing. Music - I discovered music. IT is amazing. The beach, walking, movies, books, trying new things... Of course I did some REALLY stupid stuff, but without this year, I wouldn't be the person I am now. 
15 was a good one.
So thanks, everyone. :D 

And now, to see what I've accomplished... goals are great kick-in-the-butts by the way, which is probably the only reason I do them. I wrote down a whole bunch in my journal last year, a year from today, when I was all like "the scariest thing about turning fifteen is next year it will be sixteen." 
O_O
IT'S NEXT YEAR.
17?! 
Aiyaiy! 
Haha. 
Anywayss okay first goal: Learn to be a better listener: Eh, I'm still working on it. 
2. Gain God-confidence: Definitely. 
3. Learn Italian: *cough* This year...
4. Do something interesting in the summer: YEAH BABY!
5. Write another novel: In the process! :D
6. Possibly write a play: You bet. :P 
7. Make more friends: Yes! Thank God!
8. Get something published: I don't know how I expected to do this since that can take years, but I DID send out a story, so that's a start!
9: Do more theater: Not really... *sigh*
10: Become unafraid to be myself in public: I'm getting better!
So yeah. There you have my year, folks. Exciting, right? :P 
As for sixteen... well so far it's been very nice! There have been moments of stress and boredom and peace and hyperness, so if that's any indication of the year, I'm guessing it's going to be just about normal. Erin pierced my ears this morning, which is where the stress comes in because for a minute there she couldn't figure out how to get the gun unattached from the earring which was in my ear. Dad came to the rescue and it was all good, and now I have two little gold studs in my ears. Hehe. I got beautiful earrings from Kelia which I want to put in noooow but I'm going to have to wait six weeks. Ah me. Such a hard life.
;) 
Kelia and I went for a pretty long walk, which was really nice (I'm so happy it's pretty out!), and we three played life together because Erin and I were bored. That's when we were hyper. We ate a ton of junk, and listened to music, and it was generally a good time! Then Grandma and Grandpa came over for dinner and cake, and I was a little disappointed because Aunt Sandy couldn't come, but oh well I'll see them all tomorrow. Finally, we watched Sweet Home Alabama, which was really sweet. Yay! :D 

...Oy... Sixteen... O_O
Okay. Stopping that now. *slaps self* 

Let's seeee... goals... 
Um. I kind of think I'm too tired to do this. But let's see. Some of my goals from last year are definitely still in place - coming closer to my family, God, learning how to live with love. I'm GOING to learn Italian this year, because if I don't I'll be in trouble, and finishing B&R is high on my list. I want to live creatively, not settle for the boring, and try to figure out what the Higher Being has in mind for me... or let Him show me. :P
Getting more comfortable with myself would be great. I had some issues with that this winter, watching other certain people and wishing I was more like them; more outgoing, better at conversations - even flirting. I certainly will get better at that stuff but I've also got to be content with who *I* am. Always a hard thing to do. I'm working on it. 
I suppose another novel will be coming in November, and I'm very determined to write my first screenplay. And make it be good. I hope. Considering Max is my main character, it better be. Hehe. I intend to walk more, and of course get my first 'real' job, take drivers ed sometime, explore... Live, love, laugh. All that good stuff. 

And yeah sorry if this post is all pensive and wannabe-deep. I tend to get that way on my b-day. New year and all that. Without a journal though, I have to write it down SOMEWHERE, so you're stuck with it. Deal. :D 

I really have to go to bed. Easter tomorrow! I can't believe my b-day, AND Easter came so fast! It's just weird. But awesome. :P 

Anyways. Love you guys. <3 
Anna 

3 comments:

LiterallyLauren said...

Good grief!
On my birthday I'm just like "AHHHHH! MORE PRIVELEDGES! CAR! DRIVE! BOYS! OLDER! AAAAH!"

Hahahaha.
<3

HAPPY BIRTHDAYYYYYYYY!

Laura said...

Lol, I clicked to this from Erin's blog, and for some reason thought I had clicked on one of her other friends blogs instead of yours, so I was reading it going "hmm...this sounds a LOT like Anna! isn't that strange..."
I didn't get it till you mentioned Kelia giving you the earrings, lol.
Oh and I now have a blog. But I haven't really posted anything yet. And I don't know how to add you??

Jessica Jeanne said...

ILOVEYOU!!!!!!!

Sixteens gonna be even better babe :D

[[you make me want to do goals now :-P]]