Monday, January 7, 2008

Wheee?

Why is it whenever I pull up a new page to write a post I suddenly don't feel like blogging?! REALLY???!
Jeeze, Anna.
Haha anywho, very shortly you might see this blog turning bookish. I've started reading again and I think I'm going to write up reviews at least once a week, hopefully. I hadn't really been reading for quite awhile now, but I got back into it when I was sick and I'm determined to have a well balanced life. :P I refuse to be one of those people who writes but never even reads.
So yeah. Prepare yourselves.
I was needing books so I went to the library today hoping Leila would have some for me (she didn't. Poo.), but the astonishing thing is I walked, there and back! I think that's one of the things I want to do more this year. Used to be I liked to stay holed up in my room, doing creative things, but now I want to get out into the world, see places and people... which is partly why I'm looking for a job, and I know I've said that before but now I actually AM! Haha. I asked about one at the library today hoping desperately there would be a miracle opening, but no such luck. Oh well. I could apply to the grocery store but I dunno, somethings not very appealing about that... I need the money if I'm going to take drivers ed in the spring, although I suppose I could just get more flute students. We'll see.
Speaking of flute students, it's official. I'm teaching flute, choir, and readers theatre at a homeschooling school in Sanford starting late February. Which is a job I suppose but only for Fridays. I'm also taking a stained glass class there, which is cool. I'm really excited but scared too!!! It'll be a lot of work, but I'm curious to see how I like it because it occurred to me the other day maybe teaching was something I could actually do. I'm always thinking of more things hehe.
I've been writing a little bit, although I did break my goal and it's actually kind of a relief not to HAVE to do anything, but I have been dabbling a little in WR (not Writing Rants ya'll, White Rose ;) ). Mirany's currently about to be given a clue about her parents. Woo. I still want to attempt writing short stories and sending them out places, just to try it... but I don't know how to start, having no plot in mind. There's this contest for Maine Juniors where you send in your short story (less then 2k. Eeek.), and you're judged by three authors and some other people, and if you get semifinalist you're rewarded stuff I think, and then the judges pick from the three finalists. It looks pretty cool, I might try it next year. But a little practice in short stories would be good!
Ahem, anyways.... oh yeah, it's a month till we leave for San Diego today!!! WHOO!! I'm so excited to wear shorts!!!
Hahaha. :P

<3 Anna

4 comments:

KeliaMegan said...

I didnt know you were teaching choir! Or the drama thing either. What class are you taking? You dont tell me anything. :D

Sarah (tuulenhaiven) said...

Sounds like you're doing lots of interesting things - or at least starting to. Teaching the classes sounds like fun. They don't pay you though, right? Except in taking classes? Don't turn down the grocery store - you would learn a lot of useful stuff there, and you could work in the bakery or something. Learning a register is always really helpful, and grocery store jobs often come with good benefits (think to your future!) Anyway. :) Good luck with everything.

Check out my blog for my newest crazy idea! :)http://tuulenhaiven.wordpress.com I definitely recommend pursuing the walking you're doing! :)

Miss Katie said...

WHOA! That's so AWESOME!!! (Can't wait to see what's going on in W.R.)

Same questions as Kelia!

Good luck!!!! (yeah I need to star reading more too but obviously, it's not going to be starting this week/weekend)

LOVEYOUBUNCHES!!!!!!!!!!

Lylas,

Katie-Bo-Baity

AnnaRose said...

Lol sorrrry Kelia I shall try harder. :P I'm taking a class learning how to make stained glass or something. It should be fun! And actually I will get payed for the flute class, Sarah, so that's always nice! :D
Uh, yeah, I'm still thinking about the grocery store. ;)
(Katie, I can't wait to see what's going on in WR either. O_O)
Haha. Love you all!