Sunday, January 13, 2008

It's too late to apoligize... it's too late...

LOOK!
I CAN POST PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
*screams, jumps, falls to the floor*
Hahaha. You may all think I am crazy, but this is in fact cause for celebration because I never used to be able to, but this week dad forced me to start using Safari as I should have been and suddenly I can do all kinds of things! I can climb mountains! I can forge streams! I can...!
*cough*
I think I have a little energy ehehehe. 
But anyways, anyone have any idea who this (this ---->) person is?! (and yes I mean other then Nicole Kidman dingbats. Kelia, shush.)
*squeals* I love safari. :) 

Anyways, *ahem* I fully intend to start my book blogging today, which is quite, quite possible because I happened to finish a marvelous book yesterday. Bet you can't guess what it was...
Yes, yes you're right. The Sweet Far Thing, by Libba Bray, third and final book in the Gemma Doyle trilogy. Leila was so kind to lend it to me (after I threatened her with forks and spoons of course. GRACIOUS I'm in a weird mood!), and I read it in about four or five days, reading the last 400 pages Saturday morning. It's a MASSIVE book at over 800 pages! But it's a masterpiece. There are certain books and authors out there who write in this way that makes me want to live in their books. Reading their books is like eating, the words are delicious. And I know that sounds so weird but it's the only way I can think of it. Libba Bray is like that, especially in this one. I don't even have words for it I liked it so much. I mean.. jskls.. ahoihjd... wow. Haha. And I know I should be doing a whole summery type thingy but it's going on nine and I don't really feel like it. So tough. I will say, however, that it made me cry, which is quite impressive! If you care to read the spoilers you will find out below. 

*spoilers*
Kartik??!!! KARTIK?!? WHAT?! NO!!! WHY??!!! I LOVE HIIIIMMMMM. 

*spoilers ended.*

So for general impressions of the book, (other then absolute adoration), it was a tiny bit slow in parts. But the words were still edible so I was happy. Gemma annoyed me a little, I wanted to kick them all several times, Felicity and Ann both managed to redeem themselves to me by the end although they're both mixed characters. They're all so complex, it seems sometimes that Felicity is purely selfish and mean, and Ann is completely worthless, but they so aren't and it comes out by the end. Gemma herself manages to stay quite like-able, mostly, and I can really understand where's she's coming from. And Kartik... Mmmmm Kartik. As Leila said, Libba Bray is really, really good at steamy. *swoons*
All in all, I think I liked this one best of all the trilogy, although they're all definitely good, and I appreciated how this author at least does not let her characters dissolve after book one. Not that that's pointed or anything. Nono. *cough.* 
And I gift you with this cool trailer someone made... the people playing Gemma and Kartik are not, *ahem*, to my taste but other then that it's very well done! 
(And it's being very strange so I don't know if it will work, but if not I'll fix it.) 

Another thing that makes me like these books is the author. She's absolutely fabulous. I would be totally despairing about my own writing after reading that if it wasn't for reading her blog about a year ago... she was having a hard time finishing it but she'd finally given it to her editor and her editor said, "well... this COULD be good..." 
So you know. Hope! :D
Here's a fabulous interview between Shannon Hale and Libba Bray that shows their fabulosity. And yes I made that up. I'm cool like that. http://oinks.squeetus.com/2008/01/squeetus-exclus.html
 
Um as for another news I've been trying to keep my life interesting, chose to go to a concert Friday instead of holing up at home and it proved to be quite an adventure! It was in Augusta and it was pouring and we got lost, and then Kelia was there JUST in time to go on, and then afterwards we lost dad! He went out to the car to wait for us forgetting that we didn't know where the car was, and finally mom called him on his cell phone. He was coming in to see where the heck we were and he answered his phone and mom said "Where ARE you?!" and he didn't recognize her voice because she was using someone else's phone. So he said "I'm in Augusta," and she said "this is CAROL," he was like carolcarolcarol what carol do I know who doesn't know where I am?! Fortunately at that point mom saw him through the doors and was like oh brother, and we were reunited. 
And that is the story of the night! Hope you have enjoyed, any tips or odds and ends you might be willing to part with can be paid to blahblahblah. 
;)

I think the hyperness of this post is caused by some freaky things that have been going on of late that I was ignoring, but it kind of escalated today. I was really bothered for awhile this afternoon but then mom and dad and I had a long talk (well really dad was the only one talking, but you know), and I do feel a lot better about it. I'm not going to make the same mistakes twice. And the whole "you're different but different is good," pep talk was kind of nice. :) 
However things are an enormous mess here, so please, if you can find it in your hearts, be praying, or whatever it is you do. And things will turn out all right I know, by the grace of God.
Writing Rants post coming soon, hopefully! I promised Katie so I guess I'd better get my butt moving! :P 

<3>

3 comments:

Miss Katie said...

Hehehehe, nice story! :), I so want to read that book!!!!!!!! Course I'll pray for you guys hun! You don't have to ask twice :) I'm sure everything will be okay, what ever it is.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.........What do you mean you promise*looks from side to side* you wanted to do one on free will*looks from side to side*

Take care darling!

TtylLYLASLOVEYOUBUNCHES!

Katie-bo-baity

(who still hasn't given the notebook to Jessie cause she hasn't finnished with it....)

KeliaMegan said...

Wow, those were some long sentances darling! If I'm ever writing in diary format and I need the character to be hyper, I'll do that! :P
Kelia

Sarah (tuulenhaiven) said...

I'm glad you're finding things to occupy your mind - that's the best way to deal with things that bother you but are out of your control. I am doing the same. :)

I'll have to get my hands on that book!!!