Sunday, April 6, 2008

I might be obsessed...

































So basically, I'm in love with my characters. :)
I don't know why blogger set up the pics like that and it might come out all messed up, but whatever. The first one is, obviously, Sam (HEARTS!!!) and then Kuss, if you cut her hair off. She's perfect, especially that face. Then there's Tom, who does sing, yes, and finally Geena. I LOVE THEM!!!!
*cough* That was weird....
Haha Jessie you're such a bad influence. :P
ANYWAYS, sorry I haven't updated in forever, I don't even know why... we've been pretty busy and most of my free time goes to screnzy if I have stuff in the evening. Which I do a lot, lately. We've been rehearsing for the variety show which is this weekend, and it's going all right, although kind of crazy, as usual. It's making me miss being in a real show, but hopefully The Sound of Music will fix that this summer! Hopefully!
Let's see... I've also been teaching, and having awesome weekends. Last weekend we went to India's friday/saturday and had a BLAST. She has the coolest house in the world, like it could almost be haunted and all her furniture is old fashioned-ish and just... very cool. It was a lot of fun!
Now I don't have much time so, because I like it right now (which you all now will only last so long), I shall grace you with a section from my script, where it ALL STARTS.

(JAKE and TOM poke there heads into the office carefully, then go through.)

JAKE
SWEET, santa isn’t here!

(He starts going through the papers on the desk. TOM picks up castlist.)

TOM
Here it is. Let’s go, man.

JAKE
Please. Look around you, Tommy boy. We’re in the principles office. We’re not leaving just yet.

(He turns away, then turns back with a crafty look on his face.)

JAKE continuous
Gimme that.
TOM
What- why?

(JAKE grabs the cast list and looks at it eagerly.)

JAKE
Just as I expected. Lame seniors like always. Well. Why don’t we do something about that?

TOM
What are you talking about?

(JAKE drapes his arm over TOM’S shoulders)

JAKE
My man, this is our last year in this hell hole. Let’s make our mark.

(He goes to the computer on the principles desk and opens a document, quickly beginning to type.)

TOM
Hey! What are you doing?!

JAKE
(still typing)
Here’s the plan. We switch cast lists with a list of all the freaks in school, and see if miss hotty pants buys it. Brilliant, right?

TOM
Freaks? None of them even auditioned, Jake.

JAKE
But miss hotty pants doesn’t know that, now does she? And if they put up a fuss, we’ll just say crazy ‘ol Zimmin picked randomly. It’s perfect.

(TOM looks over his shoulder nervously out into the hall.)

TOM
She’ll never buy it.

JAKE
Oh, but you never know. Can’t you just see the look on her perfect blond face when she finds out?

TOM
(Looking into the hall again.)
Crap! Santa’s coming, we gotta get out of here!


JAKE
****. I’m almost done! Distract him, Kane!

TOM
What? How?!

JAKE
(Hitting print on the computer)
Hurry, before he gets here!

(TOM curses under his breath and breaks out of the office.)

INT. SHAMUSHA HIGH HALLWAY continuous

PRINCIPLE
Tom! What’s up, my man? Getting the dirt in my office, were you?

TOM
No! Of course not. I was just getting the cast list for Miss... uh... Allie.

PRINCIPLE
Ah, I thought she might be a hit with you boys. Like her?

TOM
Uh, yeah. She seems cool.

PRINCIPLE
Well I’m sure she’ll be wanting that list. If you’d just excuse me...
(He goes to move past him but TOM doesn’t move out of the way.)

PRINCIPLE continuous
Santa needs to get into his workshop...

TOM
Right. Sorry... oh, wow. Is that Miz Zimmen? I thought she was gone!
(He points to the imaginary Miz Zimmen, successfully distracting the PRINCIPLE.)

PRINCIPLE
Where? She should be...

While his head is turned TOM turns to the door and looks in the little glass window, motioning to JAKE, who is running around desperately fixing the office. TOM makes a face at him and JAKE shakes his head desperately. He’s not ready.

PRINCIPLE continuous
I dont’ see her Tom. Must have been one of those girls with crazy hair. Now-
(He turns back and is about to see JAKE on his computer through the window but TOM suddenly grabs his chin and forcefully turns his head.)

TOM
She’s right there! Don’t you see her?

PRINCIPLE
Uh. Wow. Hands off the beard, buddy. Are you feeling all right?

TOM
Yeah, yeah, I’m fine. Must’ve been another girl, like you said.

PRINCIPLE nods, giving him a look, then jerks his head and TOM moves out of the way in defeat. He goes through the door, and TOM watches through the glass, as the PRINCIPLE see’s JAKE in there, but is not surprised, as JAKE is slumped in a chair in front of the desk, exactly as if he’d been called in for misbehavior. The two talk, voices muffled through the glass. TOM lets out a breath in relief, and while the PRINCIPLE’S head is turned, JAKE thumbs up. Suddenly, the PRINCIPLE is back at the door.

PRINCIPLE
Mr. Kane? Did you need something?

TOM steps back in surprise.

TOM
Uh, yeah. I just remembered I had to get something from Jake... homework assignment.

PRINCIPLE
Come on in, then, but no dillydallying.

TOM nods, goes in and gets the new cast list from JAKE, then leaves promptly.

INT. SHAMUSHA HIGH HALL

TOM is walking back to the auditorium, both cast lists in hand, when TINA, a blond popular girl comes running up to him.

TINA
Tom! Oh em gee! Did you hear we have a new director? Oh em gee! Is that the cast list?!

TINA grabs the fake cast list out of his hand before he can protest, and scans it quickly.

TINA
What the heck? I’m not even on here! And all these people... who are they even? They must be, like, total outcasts or something. Miz Zimmin really did lose her knuckles like everyone’s saying!

TOM
Marbles.

TINA
Yeah, whatever. Uh! I wanted to be Juliet! This is my last year! Come on!

TOM looks obviously pleased she didn’t get her way for once.

TOM
I know Tina. It’s an absolute tragedy.

TINA
I know right! Arg! Wait till Marissa hears. She’s going to be so p-oed. Uh!

TINA stalks away, and TOM grins after her, then looks down at the real cast list in his other hand, and crumples it into a ball, throwing it in the trash can across the hall.

That's all for now folks! Laters! :D


Anna


3 comments:

HeronErinGirl said...

I hate you

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! it's awwwwweeeessssoooooommmmeeee anna! loooooovvve it and can't wait to read more! *hugs* keep writing!

LiterallyLauren said...

Argh.
I hate you, too.
And, um, I'm in love with Tom and Jake.

...Especially Tom, because seriously, OLIVER JAMES.

:)

But yes.

♥L.