Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas eve ramblings

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!

Christmas eve has got to be one of my favorite nights of the year. Maybe even my most favorite. We've been going to our relatives party at my aunts for probably ten years, but it gets better every time. Today I sang at mass before hand which all the family came to, even Grandma and Grandpa although they ALWAYS go to the four o'clock. They came for a while just to hear me sing. I was nervous but the mass ended up going super well and being lots of fun!! I'm VERY glad I did it, if I hadn't I may have been completely bored, and you all know what kind of mischief I can get into then! :P
Afterwards we went to my aunts, where of course we talked and laughed and ate for awhile. Then came caroling time, we have to carol to get to the presents, as Aunt Sandy said. Usually Sam, my youngest cousin, takes over the carols being seven and hyper you know, but he was no where to be seen today so we got to sing in peace. It was rather hilarious because we'd forgotten the song books so we had to remember the words and since my family sings so much everyone was kind of humming and pointing at us. Haha. We sang a lot of first versus. They made me sing Oh Holy Night by myself again since I'd sang it at mass. I hate being put on the spot, but it was actually kind of fun and I know I made my grandparents happy. Something really amazing happened in that we remembered all the verses to The Twelve days of Christmas!! :O
Then presents, we have a whole system going with our aunts family's and I got this cute red shirt so I have something to wear tomorrow! And my grandma gave two of my cousins stuff made by Leah's mom which was pretty cool!
I should be going to bed pretty soon after I read Katie's Annora post. The presents are all under the tree, a nice tantalizing pile, and I'm hoping I won't fail to sleep like I have every single year. Could I at least wake up at eight instead of six or seven? Please? PLEASE?!
Haha. Good times. :)
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!! <333333333333333>

No comments: